Woman's Missionary Union
Women-led ministries play a major role in the life and work of our church. Our goal is to provide opportunities for each woman to deepen her faith, develop her spiritual gifts and become a more effective disciple of Jesus Christ. Opportunities are alsoprovided in the area of supporting missions-locally and around the world-through prayer, education, missions offerings, advocacy and personal involvement in missions projects.
Missions Involvement Examples:
- Care Packets for Migrants
- Salvation Army/Christmas Project
- CAP (Churches Assisting People)
- Fostering Hope
- The Shepherd's Table/Conway
- Bethany Christian Services
- Christmas Packets for Prisoners
- Backyard Bible Clubs
- Street Reach/Myrtle Beach
- Samaritan's Purse: Operation Christmas Child (NCBC is regional drop-off)
WMU Missions Projects:
- * Lottie Moon Christmas offering
- * World Hunger Offering
- * Salvation Army Christmas Stocking Project
- * Janie Chapman Offering
- * Care Packets for Migrants
- * Churches Assisting People
- * Fostering Hope
- * Horry County Shelter Homes
- * Bethany Christian Services
- * Bethea Home
- * Baptist Hospital
- * Connie Maxwell Children's Home
- * Adopt an Annuitant (Retired Pastors)
Women’s Prayer Groups
♥Agape Mission Action Group meets on the Sunday following the first Wednesday of each month, at 6:30 p.m., at an announced location. For more information about the Agape Group, please contact Gabriele Richardson at 843-488-2064.
♥Luna Bell Strickland Mission Action Group meets on the second Tuesday of each month, at 6:00 p.m., at an announced location. The Luna Belle Strickland Group was named in memory of a former fellow mission-minded member. For more information about this group, please contact Patti Prentice at 843-347-0692.
♥Olive Bessent Mission Action Group meets on the third Thursday of each month, at 6:00 p.m., at an announced location. The Olive Bessent Group was named in honor of a former fellow mission-minded member. For more information about this group, please contact Sherry Graham at 843-488-1588.